Fragments of truth XVI

Fourth week after Felix and I had ended it…pastor wanted to see us…together! Oh, he wasn’t asking us to get back into the relationship, he wanted all differences to be sorted out. I really did not feel like going but I had to honour the man of God, honour the Lord!
Felix had been going for counseling :o. He had told him everything that happened in Ogun state and what happened between us. We had real counseling together. Now I see the benefits of having a good shepherd. We opened up to him. Yes, at first I was scared that I would be used for the next sermon but I did open up. We talked about the quarrels to the places I missed it and he did too. Turns out I wasn't firm and encouraging enough. There were times I was rude when I thought I was being blunt.
Apologies came into play. Brethren, this time, whatever happened in Ogun did not stay in Ogun oh!
Felix said he indeed let his conscience die, he joined the guys to drink but not womanise. He was innocent as regards the pregnancy issue. The girl just wanted to blame someone else. He did spend nights at the club with the guys but never cheated on me.
“Felix, remember what I told you when you asked me why you had to be starved when you truly loved her. Following Jesus means following everything He says in His word. Also remember that in 1 Corinthians 7:13 Paul said: if anyone is worried that he might not be acting honorably toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if his passions are too strong and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants. He is not sinning. They should get married.” Pastor Matt said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photo: Whether na 1 naira

PhotoFriday: Runaway Lover

Fragments of truth XIII